QOBE is a product of Alfoze (www.alfoze.com)
Effective date: Oct 1, 2022.
- Our Services
- What information do we collect?
- How do we use your information?
- What are your rights regarding the information about you?
- Who has access to your information?
- What international data transfers occur at QOBE ?
- How do we safeguard your information?
- How long do we retain your information?
- QOBE’s roles under the GDPR and UK data protection laws
- How to contact us
1. Our Services
QOBE is an Outcome Based Learning Management System which is offered on SaaS Model with multiple subscription models. QOBE offers features set to manage complete academic lifecycle including course registration, assessment & evaluation, virtual class room, e-learning, continuous quality improvement, outcome based reporting, learning outcomes attainment at cohort / course / student level, survey design & publishing, alumni management and issuance of transcript / certificate / degree.
Your Privacy Obligations
We rely on you to comply with applicable privacy laws when collecting, using, or disclosing information about individuals through the Services, including obtaining any necessary consents and providing any necessary notices. If we receive any questions or complaints regarding your use of the Services, we will direct the request to you for further assistance.
Our Services are only for business purposes related to learning domain.
2. What information do we collect?
We collect information about you as reasonably necessary for the following activities:
Using our Services
We may collect the following information when you use our Services:
- Your contact and profile information including your name, email address, organization name, and address; your preferences such as language, time zone, and the types of communications you would like to receive from us; and image (if you choose to provide this). We may also obtain this information if you choose to use a social login service, such as Facebook Login, to create or access your account.
- Billing and other payment information (if you sign up for a paid service or purchase a Third-Party Service), including payment method details, such as credit card number (not collecting at this stage)
- The Services you have acquired from us, including the type of plan, number of user accounts, and transaction information related to the Services.
- Academic records like grades, assignments
- Academic support material in multiple format (text, documents, audio / video / images etc )
- Academia process forms
- Survey results data required for academic, administrative, planning or monitoring purposes.
- Your social profile information for Social Networks you choose to connect to the Services. For example, your Facebook profile information may include your Facebook username and profile image. (Social logins are not enabled yet)
- A specific location such as an address, a city, or a place (for example, a restaurant) if you choose to share this information.
- Your messages, posts, comments, images, advertising, and other material you curate on and upload to the Services;
Logs, usage, and support data:
- Log data, which may include your IP address, the address of the web page you visited before using the Services, your browser type and settings, your device information (such as make, model, and OS), the date and time when you used the Services, information about your browser configuration, language preferences, unique identifiers, and
- Usage data and analytics, which may include the frequency of login, and the different types of activity undertaken by users such as frequently accessed areas of the Services.
- General Location information, such as IP address and the region in which you are located when you are logging in and using the Services, in accordance with the settings on your device.
- Customer support questions, issues, and general feedback that you choose to provide.
Surveys, events, marketing and other activities
Surveys, contests, events (such as webinars and in-person events) for those we host or are affiliated with:
- Contact information, such as your name, email address, telephone number, organization name and address.
- Participation, attendance, feedback and opinions.
- General information about your organization that you choose to provide, such as annual
3. How do we use your information?
We use your information for the purposes described below:
Providing and securing our Services
- We need to identify and authenticate our users to ensure, for example, that only those authorized users are able to use the Services for their organization, and to make changes to their accounts.
- We use information that you provide when signing up to set up your account, process payments, contact you regarding the Services, and manage your account.
- We use your contact information and information related to your request to respond to your inquiries, manage our contract with you, respond to your questions and requests, and send you updates and information about the Services.
- We use logging and other data such as general location information—for example, the IP address of your browser or device, to help us manage the performance, security and compliance of the Services.
- We analyze your information, including usage information, your feedback, support queries, and survey responses to identify issues and help us understand how you use the Services so that we can make improvements to our Services and to provide aggregated user analytics, insights and measurement reports.
Communicating with you
We use your contact information where appropriate to send you information about our Services, events, marketing communications (consistent with your preferences)
We use email statistics, such as open rates, to assess the effectiveness of, and to make improvements to our communications. We also use engagement analytics to better understand your needs so that we can provide the information and services that would be more suitable for you.
Improving our websites and applications
We use information about you to help us understand usage patterns and other activities on our websites and applications so that we can diagnose problems and make improvements, including enhancing usability and security. We also use website personalization software to help us present information on our websites that may be more relevant to you, such as displaying resources applicable to your industry or organization size.
If you choose to provide information about you, your usage of social media services and other feedback during telephone calls and other interactions to our customer support and sales teams, we may use, monitor, and record this information for training purposes, to make improvements to our internal sales and marketing processes, and to improve our Services.
4. What are your rights regarding the information about you?
When using our Services, you may access, update, or correct most of your Account information by logging in to your account to edit your profile or organization record (directly or through your admin, as per policy )
If you have requests that cannot be carried out by logging in to your account, such as accessing additional information or deleting information about you, for the QOBE services, please email our privacy team.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information about you for as long as you maintain an account for our Services, to provide you with our Services, for record keeping purposes, for payment processing, to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, to resolve disputes, or to enforce the
Marketing emails, advertising and website browsing
For marketing communications, you may opt out of marketing communications sent by QOBE by accessing unsubscribe option given in email.
5. Who has access to your information?
QOBE does not rent or sell your information. We restrict access to your information to authorized employees and we do not share your information with third parties except in the circumstances explained below.
Employees and Authorized Contractors
Our employees and authorized contractors may need to access information about you when they require this information to perform their job. For example, a customer support representative would need access to your account to validate your identity and respond to your question or request; our email communications team would need access to your contact information to ensure this information is sent correctly and any unsubscribe requests are properly managed; and our security staff would need to review information to investigate attempted denial of service attacks, fraudulent account activity, or other attempts to compromise the Services.
All our employees and contractors are required to agree to maintain the confidentiality and protect the privacy of your information.
Service Providers, Authorized Resellers, and Partners
We will share limited information about you to authorized service providers we use for marketing services, communicating with you, managing our customer database, the provision of professional services, and providing and managing the Services (including hosting data centers, securing our Services, and payment processing).
We limit the number of service providers who are permitted to process your Content for the purpose of assisting us in delivering the Services.
Where you have purchased a service from an authorized reseller or partner, we may provide information about you to (and may receive information about you from) the reseller or partner as necessary to support your use of the service you purchased.
We may also participate in and run marketing events (e.g. conferences, webinars, and provide resources) with sponsors and other organizations. Where the sponsors or other organizations wish to collect your information for their marketing purposes, while we may facilitate this (e.g. information may be collected on the same registration form), they will be doing so independently under their own policies. We will advise you and provide you an opportunity for you to share your information with the sponsors or other organizations for such purposes, either upon registration or during the event.
Where your employer or an entity has purchased Services on your behalf, we may disclose information about you such as your name and email address, and some usage information including whether a user has logged in to the Service, frequency of login, time spent using the Services, and enrollment and completion of QOBE Academy courses to assist your employer or the entity in managing its use and maximizing the value of the Services.
Successor and Affiliated Entities
Law Enforcement, Government Agencies, and Professional Advisors
We may need to disclose information about you where we believe that it is reasonably necessary to comply with a law or regulation, or if we are otherwise legally required to do so, such as in response to a court order or legal process, or to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or to defend against legal claims or demands. For governmental data access requests concerning you or your organization, we would first attempt to redirect the request to you and/or we would first attempt to notify you unless we are legally prohibited from doing so.
In addition, we may disclose information about you if we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action: (a) against illegal activities, fraud, situations involving potential threats to our rights or property (or to the rights or property of those who use our Services), or to protect the personal safety of any person; or (b) regarding situations that involve the security of our Services, abuse of the Services infrastructure, or the Internet in general (such as voluminous spamming, or denial of service attacks).
We also use professional advisors, including lawyers and accountants, and may be required to disclose information about you when engaging them for their services and as necessary for audits, financial and other regulatory reviews.
6. What international data transfers occur at QOBE?
QOBE also uses third-party service providers, such as managed hosting providers, credit card processors, and technology partners to provide the software, networking, infrastructure and other services required to operate the Services. These third-party providers may process or store personal data on servers outside of the EEA, UK, and Switzerland, including in Canada or the US. We rely on adequacy (if sent to Canada) and standard contractual clauses (if sent to the US or onward to other countries) to ensure that information about you is lawfully transferred under EU law.
The third-party service providers we use to help us deliver the Services
7. How do we safeguard your information?
QOBE maintains industry standard security safeguards to protect your information. This includes ensuring our employees receive appropriate security and privacy training and guidance so they are aware of the measures they need to implement to protect your information.
Access controls are in place to limit access to your information to those who need it to perform their jobs. For example, information about you may be provided to our customer support specialists to help you with your requests. Individuals who are permitted to handle your information must adhere to confidentiality obligations.
We encrypt data in transit and at rest, where appropriate, to ensure that your information is kept private. We undertake service provider security and privacy reviews to ensure that service providers follow our stringent requirements to safeguard your information, and we also enter into data protection agreements with our service providers. All payment information is fully encrypted and handled only by PCI certified organizations.
8. How long do we retain your information?
We retain your information as long as required to provide the Services requested by you, for record keeping purposes, to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce the terms for the Services. After it is no longer necessary for us to retain information about you, or otherwise upon your request, we will dispose of it in a secure manner or anonymize the information.
Aggregated data is used by QOBE for analysis, product improvement, and troubleshooting purposes.
9. QOBE roles under the GDPR and UK data protection laws
Depending on the situation and the type of data involved, QOBE may act as a data controller or a data processor.
QOBE as a data controller
QOBE may act as a data controller when we are:
- Collecting information from you to set up and administer your QOBE account (for example, Account information such as your name and email address);
- Monitoring usage information on our website;
- Managing your contact and other related information to send marketing, Services, and other communications to you;
- Responding to a support or general inquiry; and
- Recruiting individuals for job opportunities.
Legal bases for processing when QOBE is a data controller
The legal bases for processing information about you include:
- Your consent (for example, when you have provided your information to sign up for an account or for a webinar; or you have provided your employment history when applying for a job). Where we rely on your consent to process personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- It is necessary to perform a contract (for example, we may need your information to fulfill our obligations of providing Services to you under the terms relevant to the Services you have acquired).
- Legitimate interest (for example, to provide, maintain and improve the Services for you, to maintain the security of the Services, and to attract new customers to maintain demand for the Services, all of which are described in the "
- In some cases, we may have a legal obligation to process your personal data to comply with relevant laws (for example, processing payroll and tax information to comply with relevant employment and tax legislation); or processing is necessary to protect your vital interests or those of another person (for example, obtaining health-related information during a medical emergency).
QOBE as a data processor
Where you are using our Services and making decisions about the personal data that is being processed in the Services (including selecting the Social Network accounts you wish to connect to the Services, or uploading and using Content), you are acting as a data controller and QOBE is acting as a data processor.
There are certain obligations under the GDPR that you have as a data controller, including being responsible for managing Content on the Services. As a data processor, QOBE will only access and process Content to provide you with the Services in accordance with your instructions (which you provide through the Services), the Terms of Service and applicable laws. As part of delivering the Services, we may process Content to further improve the Services, such as enhancing usability and developing new features.
11. How to contact us
If you have any questions, concerns or feedback, please email our Privacy team and Privacy Officer/Data Protection Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org
Or send a letter to:
Alfoze Technologies Pvt Ltd
3B , Software Technology Park
Service Road North , I-9/3
Islamabad , Pakistan